Sunday, April 14, 2013

argyle APPETITE is Open For Business!

I'm thrilled to be able to announce the launch of my new business, 
argyle APPETITE!  

I've spent a long time dreaming and formulating the idea of starting my own business.  It just seemed like a natural progression for me considering how much I enjoy cooking, gardening and entertaining. An opportunity to share that passion with others while getting to spend time doing things that truly make me happy was an easy choice.  And while the blog is great, and I will continue to post entries and share my culinary experiences, I just felt like there might be a greater opportunity for me to explore.

Don't get me wrong, there were many obstacles and moments of doubt when I would stare at my lists of to dos and ideas and think it was just not possible. But each time I would talk to someone about my idea for argyle APPETITE, test out a recipe, or come home after work and find complete peace and solace working in my kitchen, I would get a renewed sense of drive to make it a reality.  And to think, here I am officially launching the business! 

So, what is argyle APPETITE all about?  
By approaching classic techniques with a touch of the modern and practical, I will strive to bring the essence of food and entertaining to life with a focus on the nostalgic things we know and love.  Because after all, that is what I love most about cooking.  That feeling you get when you have people gathered around your table -- talking and laughing - - spending their rare down time just enjoying each others company.

A speciality food and entertaining business, argyle APPETITE will offer a variety of cooking and entertaining services - - everything from in-home cooking instruction and menu preparation to event planning.  There will also be a la carte ordering options for speciality food and gardening products and services.  Everything you need to start taking those rare moments, and making them into memories.


What does argyle have to do with food?

The idea behind the unusual name, because I'm sure you are wondering, is actually two-fold.  First, I love all things argyle.  It has become a sort of signature fashion statement for me as I almost never leave the house without at least argyle socks on!  Second, and more relatedly, an argyle pattern is the overlapping of motifs, with a sense of three-dimensionality, movement and texture.  The layering of flavors, seasonings and contrasting textures in cooking is very much like the argyle pattern itself; all of these things take food from simply good to amazing!  So in this way, I thought the name argyle APPETITE was fun, memorable and also very personal to me.  

Huge Thanks! 
I have to take this opportunity to thank my husband Andrew.  I could never have gotten this far without his continued support and encouragement.  And, of course, for all the time he spent taste testing my recipes and listening to me run through the lists and lists and lists of ideas I had.  Each time I started doubting myself he was there to lift me back up and keep me moving forward.  Thank you so much for believing in me, and making me see that it was ok to follow my dreams!


To learn about upcoming argyle APPETITE events or opportunities, please follow me on Facebook and Twitter @argyleAppetite  You will also find a link on my blog that has my Menu of Services.  For any specific questions or inquiries, you can email me at framework1005@gmail.com


So, off I go on this new adventure, and I couldn't be more excited to share it with each of you...Let's get our argyle on! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if the comments are working...this is a test! If you sent me a comment and it isn't showing up, please shoot me a quick email at framework1005@att.net Thanks!

    ReplyDelete